This course is designed to provide the basic education needed to build your DevOps vocabulary and to understand its principles and practices. It is designed to inspire you to serve as a change champion by sharing and using what you’ve learned.
This course will help you understand:
- Why organizations are adopting DevOps practices from both the business and IT perspectives
- How to answer the question «What is DevOps?»
- DevOps values and principles
- How DevOps interfaces with other frameworks such as agile, lean and IT service management
- The characteristics of a DevOps culture
- DevOps organizational considerations including DevOps roles, teams and organizational structures
- Key DevOps practices
- Common DevOps automation practices and tool categories
- How to adopt a DevOps Culture
Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management, particularly those in an enterprise environment. Individuals who require a detailed understanding of DevOps principles. IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile service design environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the concepts involved in interfacing Agile and DevOps.
- Familiarity with IT and IT services is recommended.